Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., is a digital leader that supports its mission of making life better for consumers around the world by developing innovative technologies and efficient processes. Samsung is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its support of the ENERGY STAR specification development process, its leadership in marketing ENERGY STAR certified products, and its community outreach promoting efficiency. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Offering more than 1,100 ENERGY STAR certified products in home appliances and consumer electronics and almost 45 models recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013.
- Working with utilities and other energy efficiency program sponsors to promote a range of ENERGY STAR certified products in their service territories.
- Partnering with the Boys and Girls Club of America to create more than a dozen opportunities for kids to learn about ENERGY STAR through the “Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR” campaign, while developing important life skills.
- Being a top pledge driver for the “Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR” campaign, ranking first among all participating business in 2013.
- Generating more than 630 million impressions through a Times Square advertisement of Samsung’s ENERGY STAR certified products, point-of-purchase materials at retail locations, press releases, social media, and other ENERGY STAR-focused marketing.
- Informing 100 percent of Samsung’s employees about its commitment to ENERGY STAR and holding more than 5,000 distributor and retailer training events.