Brandywine Realty Trust
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Brandywine Realty Trust, operating as a real estate investment trust, owns, leases, and manages an urban town center and suburban office portfolio of 280 properties, which total to more than 34 million square feet. Brandywine is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for adopting the ENERGY STAR approach to energy management. In addition, Brandywine is being recognized for its commitment to promoting strong energy management practices and the ENERGY STAR program throughout the business community. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Committing at the executive level to integrate value-enhancing sustainability initiatives into every aspect of the company's relationships with customers, and challenging its vendor network to generate greater benefits, both financial and environmental.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in 75 properties, representing more than 9 million square feet of office space.
- Achieving first time ENERGY STAR certification for 25 buildings and recertifying 48 buildings.
- Upgrading to LED parking lot lighting at 20 properties with a projected 82-percent energy savings and a four-year return on investment.
- Embracing the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management as the model for the Brandywine Environments Sustainability Team’s initiatives.
- Creating an inventory and assessment of the metering configurations, building systems, and management practices across its managed portfolio. Brandywine uses the assessment and inventory reports, along with the ENERGY STAR scores to set improvement targets for properties.