Los Angeles, California
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
CBRE is a global leader in real estate services, managing more than three billion square feet of commercial properties and corporate facilities worldwide. CBRE is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for using its leadership position to raise the bar for energy efficiency across the industry while leveraging the ENERGY STAR program as the foundation of its approach. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 1,300 CBRE-managed buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, representing over 235 million square feet.
- Earning an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for more than 50 percent of its total portfolio.
- Developing a quarterly green building adoption index and a green building return index for commercial office space. As part of the project, CBRE Research and researchers from Maastricht University will map the data in up to 30 metropolitan areas.
- Improving on total energy use and all other performance metrics, including a savings of more than 11,750 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent compared to 2012.
- Continuing its successful partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International to train all CBRE real estate managers and building engineering personnel. Since 2007, nearly 15,000 attendees have participated in the four-part training series on energy benchmarking and best practices for improvement.