Kilroy Realty Corporation
Los Angeles, California
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) is a real estate investment trust that has owned, developed, acquired, and managed real estate assets in major west coast office markets for more than 65 years. KRC is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its outstanding commitment to achieving energy efficiency and reduction across its portfolio and successfully communicating the ENERGY STAR brand with tenants and brokers. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Reducing its year-over-year energy usage by more than 2 percent and nearly 4.5 million kWh. Since 2010, KRC has cumulatively saved more than 11 million kWh and more than $1 million.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 53 percent of its portfolio by certifying an additional 13 buildings, bringing the total number of certified buildings to 39.
- Expanding ENERGY STAR communications, especially to brokers and tenants, by launching the KRC Tenant Sustainability Awards, holding ENERGY STAR Tenant Appreciation Events, and participating in numerous other speaking engagements.
- Using new Twitter and Instagram handles and the KRC Sustainability Team’s 14 speaking events in 2013, KRC reached more than 1,100 professionals, 120 students, and 40 brokers about its energy efficiency achievements.
- Gathering accurate energy data for an additional 2 million square feet of property and installing submeters on three campuses in 2013.