Philips Lighting Company
Somerset, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Philips Lighting Company is a leader in developing sustainable, innovative, and energy-efficient lighting technologies. Philips Lighting Company strives to shape the future with exciting new lighting applications and platforms such as LED technology, which provides attractive benefits and never-before-possible sustainable lighting solutions while delivering energy efficiency. Philips is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its commitment to the ENERGY STAR program through product innovation and creative promotion. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Adding more than 100 new ENERGY STAR certified products, including the first ENERGY STAR certified 100W-equivalent A-shape LED bulb.
- Training more than 2,000 retailer and distributor employees through a variety of vehicles, including the Philips Lighting Application Center, email, newsletters, online videos, and in-store training events.
- Partnering with the Home Depot and local utilities to offer “buy one get one” pricing for ENERGY STAR certified BR30 reflector and A-shape LED light bulb two-packs in 20 states.
- Educating consumers about ENERGY STAR light bulbs through a social media campaign entitled Earth Day Every Day and a donation to the National 4H organization to establish an energy efficiency club.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs and the Do One Thing ENERGY STAR campaign at an Atlanta Hawks basketball game with custom ENERGY STAR t-shirts, coupons for ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs, educational materials, and giveaways.