ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Fanning Howey is a full-service architecture/engineering (A/E) firm. The firm is one of the nation’s leaders in K–12 school planning and design, and was the first A/E firm to receive ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. This year, Fanning Howey is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to using ENERGY STAR tools to establish and achieve energy goals for all new construction and major renovation projects. The firm uses ENERGY STAR design targets to help clients establish reasonable energy performance goals for building operation. Key accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for two design projects that previously achieved Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition.
- Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for 12 projects. This accomplishment is a company record, and represents a 400-percent increase from last year.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources at national conferences, including the 36th Annual World Energy Engineering Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Utilizing EPA’s ENERGY STAR Target Finder to complete 14 energy models for design projects and building audits.
- Designing Phelps High School using ENERGY STAR tools and resources. The school was featured in the National Building Museum’s 2013 Green School Exhibition.
- Mentoring two A/E firms on the use of ENERGY STAR tools. As a result, both firms have become ENERGY STAR partners, and have applied for Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition.