Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Intertape Polymer Group (IPG) is a manufacturer of tapes, films, woven fabrics, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and consumer use. The company operates 10 production plants and employs approximately 1,800 people. IPG has developed a robust energy management program by using ENERGY STAR energy management tools and actively participating in the ENERGY STAR partnership. IPG is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for the growth of its energy program and leadership as a medium-sized manufacturer. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Reducing absolute energy use by nearly three percent over 2012. IPG’s energy program has reduced energy intensity by 22 percent and saved the company nearly $2 million on energy costs since launching in 2009.
- Meeting EPA’s ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at 8 of its 10 manufacturing plants, with an average energy intensity reduction of 19 percent. The reductions have cut CO2 emissions at IPG’s plants by 26,000 metric tons in two years.
- Helping EPA partner with a local utility to pilot a training approach that will help small and medium-sized manufacturers establish effective energy management programs.
- Establishing a local energy manager network in Danville, Virginia, to advance energy efficiency at local companies and to promote ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources actively to local business, organizations, employees, and other stakeholders through presentations and other communication activities.