ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm specializing in agency leasing, property and facilities management, tenant advisory, capital markets, research, and sustainability. Transwestern currently oversees the leasing and management of more than 341 million square feet of commercial real estate nationwide. Transwestern is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement through the enhancement and expansion of its energy management programs, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 340 buildings and achieving an average ENERGY STAR score of 74.
- Creating the “Green Team” program to inform and involve tenants in its managed buildings by finding “Green Champions” from each tenant.
- Launching a client publication to share real-world case studies on how sustainable improvements have a positive impact on the bottom line.
- Conducting a second portfolio-wide sustainability survey, with notable achievements including an 8-percent energy improvement compared to 2011 survey results, and the compilation of water data.
- Decreasing Site Energy Use year-over-year to save more than 37.5 million Btu and more than 9,200 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Spreading the word about energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR through social media, posting case studies, maintaining building profiles, and speaking at conferences nationwide.