The Boeing Company
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company, the world’s largest aerospace corporation, is dedicated to reducing energy consumption, shrinking its environmental footprint, and piloting progressive energy solutions. Boeing is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for the company’s continued work to drive energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Improving normalized energy intensity by one percent over the prior year, equivalent to the amount of energy needed to power 2,800 U.S. homes annually.
- Achieving the company’s first five-year energy targets and establishing new five-year corporate environmental commitments to achieve zero increase in energy-related greenhouse gas emissions.
- Widening metrics and program management beyond domestic sites to include major international facilities in Canada and Australia.
- Expanding Lean events at Boeing’s most energy-intensive sites to industrial systems and processes; these events are in addition to the traditional focus on building systems. The new factory-focused events identified over 88,000 MMBtu savings.
- Increasing investment in conservation projects by 40 percent to $9 million in 2013, resulting in a reduction of an estimated 160,000 MMBtu.
- Hosting the second regional Energy Conservation Forum to engage peer companies and suppliers and to introduce ENERGY STAR energy management tools and resources.