New York-Presbyterian Hospital
New York, New York
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Based in New York City, New York-Presbyterian Hospital (NYP) is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonsectarian hospital with more than 2,600 beds. Its six major campuses encompass 34 buildings and 8 million square feet, making it among the top two percent of energy users in the New York City metropolitan area. NYP is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing commitment to comprehensive energy management. Key accomplishments include:
- Increasing its portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score by 6 points compared to its 2012 score.
- Reducing its average annual source energy intensity by 22 kBtu per square foot, a reduction of more than 123 million kBtu across its portfolio.
- Achieving more than $1.2 million in energy cost savings by improving cooling tower controls, retrocommissioning and replacing air handling units, reducing boiler steam pressure, upgrading lighting, and implementing data center improvements.
- Distributing more than 5,000 ENERGY STAR compact fluorescent lights and LEDs to employees attending Earth Day events across six campus locations. The event educated employees and patients about conservation efforts used throughout the hospital.
- Educating employees, patients, and the general public about energy efficiency and NYP’s ENERGY STAR partnership through its website, onsite Earth Day events, energy fairs, speaking opportunities, and interviews.