ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
JLL is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying, and investing in real estate. Through its client services, JLL manages a portfolio of approximately 2.6 billion square feet worldwide. JLL is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its leadership in communicating the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change with ENERGY STAR. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Focusing on significantly reducing the environmental impact of real estate through increasing the number of managed properties that benchmark their energy use in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager from 2,697-- 5,146 in 2013. This action helped save money, energy, and prevent climate change.
- Becoming a public leadership advocate for government regulations, such as Chicago’s Green Building Ordinance. Passing in September 2013, it required buildings to publicly disclose their energy data.
- Expanding ENERGY STAR into tenant sustainability efforts through its new Green+Productive Workplace Program, helping tenants understand the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change.
- Sponsoring annual training conference for chief engineers, who now number more than 400, to help them with energy conservation strategies.
- Promoting energy savings and preventing climate change among its global-employee base (over 49,000) through increased support of programs such as Earth Hour.
- Placing 4,059 articles related to energy management, climate change, and sustainability in industry and general business publications, reaching over 22 million individuals.
- Completing 20 social media campaigns to drive awareness of energy and climate change prevention through ENERGY STAR: engaging 29,000 Twitter followers, 120,750 LinkedIn followers, and 2,730 Facebook fans.