Technical Consumer Products, Inc. (TCP)
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Technical Consumer Products, Inc. (TCP) is a leading lighting manufacturer committed to providing high-quality, efficient lighting solutions at a low cost. TCP has a strong distribution footprint and reputation among retailers and distributors and sells products through more than 20,000 retail and commercial outlets. TCP is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its ENERGY STAR-focused commitment to product innovation and quality, as well as its efforts in marketing and training. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Offering more than 1,200 ENERGY STAR certified CFLs and LEDs through its branded and private label programs.
- Training distributors and retailers, including Walmart and Orchard Supply Hardware, on the benefits of ENERGY STAR CFL and LED bulbs.
- Promoting energy efficiency at a Cleveland-area event called “The Fest,” gathering 500 ENERGY STAR pledges and giving away ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs.
- Maintaining high-quality control standards with direct control over quality, consistency, and yield at manufacturing facilities, with an unsurpassed CFL verification testing record.
- Educating consumers about ENERGY STAR certified lighting products online and through social media, including posting more than 150 tweets about ENERGY STAR.