ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Allergan, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of specialty healthcare products worldwide. The company strategically manages energy and greenhouse gas emissions throughout its operations and builds upon a sound energy management foundation. Allergan is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued success of its energy management program towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Decreasing energy intensity by four percent and greenhouse gas emissions by nearly four percent, as compared to 2012.
- Increasing awareness of the importance of energy efficiency with employees and communities through projects at schools around the world.
- Participating actively in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and supporting ENERGY STAR partners in the development of long-term energy and climate strategies.
- Demonstrating its commitment to energy efficiency by purchasing an ENERGY STAR certified building as part of a new research and development facility.
- Engaging suppliers in energy efficiency and energy management through a process designed to reduce the carbon footprint of selected products.
- Working with customers to explore ways to leverage Allergan’s improved energy and greenhouse gas performance.