New York, New York
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a global consumer products company serving people in over 200 countries and territories. The company understands the importance of energy management and the connection to the environment, and is committed to acting responsibly to fight climate change. Colgate-Palmolive is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for efforts to continuously broaden its energy strategy. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy efficiency by 9.4 percent since 2009, while avoiding $182 million in energy costs and reducing CO2 emissions by more than seven percent.
- Developing a new 2020 Energy and Climate Change strategy and completing the first phase of a comprehensive evaluation of the CO2 associated with the company’s global oral care business.
- Integrating energy investment, savings, and emissions tracking into its capital management system.
- Allocating over three percent of the company’s capital budget in energy reduction projects, representing 107 capital projects.
- Continuing the company’s Energy Treasure Hunt Program by completing four treasure hunts in Thailand, China, Italy, and France. Over 375 energy-saving ideas were identified with the potential to reduce energy consumption by over 41,000 MWh and CO2 emissions by over 16,000 metric tons.
- Colgate-Palmolive achieved the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at 12 facilities; four are repeat achievers. Colgate-Palmolive’s global percentage of facilities meeting the Challenge is 61 percent. All manufacturing sites worldwide are taking the Challenge.