ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Pella Corporation is an innovative leader in designing, testing, manufacturing, and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling, and replacement applications. As a family-owned and privately-held company, Pella is known for its 85-year commitment to innovation, energy efficiency, and the practice of environmental stewardship. Pella is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its commitment to ENERGY STAR product innovation and for outstanding promotional efforts. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Pioneering research on the development of a highly insulating residential window with smart automatic shading in an exclusive partnership with Lawrence Berkeley National Labs.
- Expanding consumer education and outreach on ENERGY STAR through new videos, interactive sales tools, social media, website enhancements, and special events to achieve nearly two billion impressions in 2013.
- Showcasing several ENERGY STAR Most Efficient window products during the 2013 Solar Decathlon and educating over 10,000 visitors to its booth about the energy efficiency and environmental benefits of ENERGY STAR certified windows.
- Delivering training on ENERGY STAR to 100 percent of new and existing employees and 90 percent of staff at all of its distributor and retailer locations with a wide range of classes, videos, and events.
- Making a commitment to improve energy efficiency and reduce landfill volume by embracing the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industries at three manufacturing sites.