Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville provides an opportunity for people to purchase quality, affordable homes and has promoted the use of ENERGY STAR certified products and the construction of ENERGY STAR certified homes in its home building program since 2006. By partnering selectively with vendors offering ENERGY STAR certified products and equipment, Habitat of Greater Nashville helps support ENERGY STAR while helping homeowners save on monthly utility bills. Habitat of Greater Nashville is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in protecting the environment through energy efficiency. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Building 41 new, affordable, ENERGY STAR certified single-family homes for 183 family members--bringing the total to 276.
- Improving energy efficiency, as well as reducing greenhouse gas emissions, by 42 percent compared to non-ENERGY STAR certified homes of equal size
- Enabling each family owning an ENERGY STAR certified home to save approximately $840 in utility expenses on average each year. Monthly utility bills average about $80 for a 1,100 square foot ENERGY STAR certified home.
- Educating thousands of volunteers about ENERGY STAR, as well as informing homeowners about sustainable living and the importance of ongoing home maintenance through its HomeWORKS educational program.
- Pursuing every opportunity to incorporate the ENERGY STAR logo and information about ENERGY STAR certified homes into its outreach and promotional materials, including all newsletters, brochures, dedication programs, grant proposals, and the organization website.