ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, and other government markets. With over 71,000 employees throughout the world, employee engagement, development of energy champion networks and assisting other organizations are the key strategies of Raytheon's energy management program. Raytheon is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing its expansion of employee networks and improved energy performance. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 3 percent over the past year and absolute energy consumption by 12 percent since 2008.
- Building upon its strong energy culture to create over 38,000 employee "Energy Citizens for Life" committed to promoting energy best practices.
- Implementing over 200 energy projects that will collectively avoid an estimated $3 million annually in energy costs.
- Developing a continuous commissioning initiative to optimize heating, ventilation, and cooling system operations.
- Integrating energy findings and activities into a lean manufacturing competition to further engage employees and align with leadership expectations.
- Coordinating with utilities, other manufacturers, and EPA to host a meeting in the Massachusetts region to introduce local manufacturers to EPA's ENERGY STAR industrial energy management resources.
- Adding a communications expert to each business' energy team to further develop strategies and tactics for stronger energy communications across the company.
- Promoting EPA's ENERGY STAR resources to more than a thousand organizations of all types and sizes.