ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm specializing in agency leasing, property and facilities management, tenant advisory, capital markets, development, research, and sustainability. The firm currently oversees the leasing and management of more than 283 million square feet of commercial real estate nationwide. Transwestern is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement through the enhancement and expansion of its energy management programs, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Sustaining year-to-year savings by maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 81 across its managed office portfolio of more than 350 buildings.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 147 buildings.
- Launching the GOOD, BETTER & BEST (GBB) Sustainability Standard Practices program, which incorporates ENERGY STAR scores as the first-ranking criteria and provides a method for office and industrial buildings to measure their sustainability performance, as well as concrete steps for improvement.
- Implementing a policy that requires benchmarking all eligible assets upon acquisition.
- Conducting a second portfolio-wide sustainability survey, with notable achievements including an eight percent energy improvement as compared to 2011 survey results, and the compilation of water data.
- Facilitating improved compliance for Transwestern's monthly metered utility data update requirement by initiating the Summit Energy Pilot program with a third-party energy service provider.
- Spreading the word about energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR through social media, posting case studies, maintaining building profiles, and speaking at conferences nationwide.