GE Appliances & Lighting is an $8 billion global business and industry leader in major appliances and lighting. Demonstrating a high level of commitment, GE was a leader in ENERGY STAR education, labeling, and promotion. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering a total of 500 lighting models that have earned the ENERGY STAR--a 29 percent increase since 2010.
· Adding 93 new LED products to its selection following the 2010 introduction of the first omni-directional lamp in an A19 standard shape.
· Educating more than 9,000 distributors, utilities, business managers, and citizens across 45 cities about ENERGY STAR qualified light bulbs through its tradeshow on wheels, "The GE Lighting Revolution."
· Introducing 140 new ENERGY STAR qualified appliances in 2011, while increasing the number of base models 17 percent over the last year.
· Integrating ENERGY STAR into its employee, retailer, and distributor training efforts, including online training websites, webinars, training videos, and e-newsletters.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR through a broad cross section of sales and marketing efforts, including over 1,000 cooperative promotions that collectively reached more than 100 million consumers.
· Being the first major appliance manufacturer to partner with EPA on the Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) Program to help reduce ozone depleting substances.