GE Appliances & Lighting is an $8 billion global business and industry leader in major appliances and lighting. GE is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to produce and promote ENERGY STAR qualified lighting products and appliances. Key accomplishments include:
· Expanding the number of lighting models that have earned the ENERGY STAR by adding 57 SKUs in 2010 for a total of 350, a 19 percent increase over 2009.
· Introducing the first omni-directional LED lamp in an A19 standard shape; this product was the very first A19 LED lamp to earn the ENERGY STAR.
· Continuing its "Plant a Bulb" promotion which educates consumers about energy-efficient lighting; every video watched results in a flower bulb being planted, with more than 91 million impressions in 2010.
· Introducing 131 new ENERGY STAR qualified appliances in 2010, increasing the number of base models 6 percent over last year.
· Training more than 36,000 retail customer sales associates face-to-face about ENERGY STAR and GE appliances with a focus on the ENERGY STAR message of efficiency.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR qualified GE appliances on national television programs such as PBS This Old House, CBS Sunday Morning, and CBS News.