Hoshizaki America, Inc.
Peachtree City, Georgia
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Hoshizaki America, Inc. (Hoshizaki) is an international leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of products for the foodservice industry. In 2012, Hoshizaki committed to providing energy-efficient ice machines, refrigeration equipment, and dishwashers with clear benefits for commercial food service customers. Hoshizaki is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for actively supporting the ENERGY STAR specification development and test method development process, and for its marketing and outreach to a wide audience on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified equipment. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 100 percent of its product line, offering a total of 105 certified models. This is a 25-percent increase compared to previous years.
- Integrating the ENERGY STAR logo and messaging into promotional point-of-sales materials, brochures, and charts targeting consumers, dealers, and other key influencers to educate them on the savings associated with ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Educating 85 percent of all new employees and staff members and 88 percent of distributor and retailer staff members on ENERGY STAR and other efficiency-related guidelines.
- Developing a new end-user awareness campaign on the energy and resource savings associated with an ENERGY STAR certified product.
- Implementing a Hoshizaki sustainability plan that has resulted in continued recycling and waste facility reductions a 12-percent improvement compared to 2011.