El Paso Electric (TX)
El Paso, Texas
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility, generating and transmitting power to approximately 380,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000-square-mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico. El Paso Electric jointly sponsors the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program for this market with the New Mexico Gas Company. El Paso Electric is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its successful delivery and promotion of ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of approximately 150 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in 225 MWh of energy savings.
- Highlighting ENERGY STAR certified homes to thousands of attendees as part of the Parade of Homes and other home and garden shows.
- Incorporating the ENERGY STAR logo into all promotional materials, including recruitment documents and advertisements, and encouraging builder partners to leverage the ENERGY STAR brand.
- Facilitating the transition to Version 3.0 through multiple technical training sessions and classes for HVAC contractors, raters, and realtor groups.
- Holding 13 individual sales training sessions with homebuilders, sales staff members, and realtors.