Scott County Schools
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Scott County Public Schools, located in Scott County, Kentucky, serves more than 8,600 students in 12 schools. The district has embraced the tools offered by ENERGY STAR and has made major, district-wide improvements in energy efficiency. Scott County Public Schools is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its demonstrated success in improving energy efficiency. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Avoiding more than $990,500 in utility costs during the first 28 months of the district's energy management program.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 10 of the district's schools in 2012.
- Achieving an average ENERGY STAR energy performance score of 84 across the district's portfolio of buildings.
- Participating in EPA's 2011 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition Northern Elementary finished 13th in the nation, 5th out of all schools, and first in Kentucky with an energy consumption reduction of 28.5 percent. All Scott County Schools participated in the 2012 competition, and all schools demonstrated improvement at the midpoint of the campaign.
- Holding multiple televised awards ceremonies to celebrate earning ENERGY STAR awards and recognition.
- Partnered with Toyota, ENERGY STAR Award winner, to identify and implement energy savings opportunities in many of the district's schools.