New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Trenton, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) promotes energy efficiency and clean energy by providing financial incentives and informational services to New Jersey residents, business owners, and local governments through its statewide New Jersey's Clean Energy Program. NJBPU is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for its innovative and high-quality delivery of energy efficiency programming across the residential sector. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Completing 9,966 assessments and 3,702 projects, bringing the total number of completed projects since 2007 to over 11,000.
- Saving 832 kW annual demand reduction and 2,676 MWh in annual electric savings as well as 42,319 Dth annual gas savings.
- Providing educational and technical webinars and orientation sessions to new contractors.
- Reimbursing 71 advertisements through a co-operative advertising model whereby contractors received a 40 percent reimbursement for various types of advertising.
- Implementing and promoting financial incentives, which include zero-percent interest loans for consumers, to make it affordable for consumers to finance energy efficiency upgrades.