Louisville Gas & Electric (LG&E) and Kentucky Utilities (KU) are owned and operated by LG&E and KU Energy, a diversified energy services company. Together, these utilities provide gas and electric service to
· Completing 780 ENERGY STAR certified new homes--a 7 percent increase in market penetration from 2010--for a total of 2,116 certified homes since the program was launched in 2009.
· Modifying the program's "Technical Training Series" to provide support for builders, rating companies, and allied industry groups during the transition to ENERGY STAR Version 3.
· Achieving an estimated 3,000 MWh in annual electric savings and 1,160 kW in annual demand reductions.
· Spearheading a state-level task force consisting of delegates from the real estate and mortgage industries, Home Builder Associations, and state agencies to implement legislation encouraging the incorporation of energy efficiency into real estate appraisals.
· Participating in and sponsoring more than 40 key community-wide, regional, and statewide events associated with energy efficiency to inform potential homeowners and home builders about the benefits of ENERGY STAR.