Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, and other government markets. With over 72,000 employees and 57 major locations in the
· Reducing energy intensity by 4 percent and cutting absolute energy use by roughly 180 million Btu.
· Implementing over 200 energy projects that will collectively avoid an estimated $5 million in energy costs.
· Enabling more extensive management of energy by empowering employees with an energy checklist they can use to perform additional facility energy assessments along with their safety audits.
· Benchmarking efforts at 57 major domestic locations, sparking healthy competition within Raytheon.
· Engaging employees in activities such as Holiday Hibernation Challenges that have yielded reductions of more than 4 percent of total energy use at some sites.
· Enlisting 15 facilities in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR tools, resources, and program offerings, both internally and publically at meetings, forums, and conferences.