As one of North America's largest independent real estate investment advisors, Bentall Kennedy (US) serves more than 500 clients across 142 million square feet of commercial space valued at $26 billion, including assets in the
· Benchmarking 119 eligible office and industrial buildings monthly, representing approximately 20 million square feet.
· Reducing energy use by 2.5 percent in 2011 over the previous year, resulting in a cumulative reduction of 18.4 percent since 2008 and nearly $5 million in energy cost savings.
· Maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 77 across its entire portfolio, even with 1.4 million square feet of new leasing.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for 69 buildings, representing 14.4 million square feet, $2.8 billion in market value, and more than 70 percent of its benchmarked portfolio.
· Expanding benchmarking to its multifamily portfolio by conducting a pilot program for five assets representing 2 million square feet, which included training property managers on the use of Portfolio Manager, conducting site visits, and creating comprehensive reports with actionable recommendations for saving energy and water.
· Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR by highlighting ENERGY STAR successes in client updates, asset case studies, newsletters, energy conservation best practice guides, speaking engagements, and its annual Corporate Social Responsibility report.