ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems are utilities that provide financial and technical assistance to help Vermont residents reduce energy costs through energy-efficient equipment, lighting, pre-construction consultation, and renovation incentives. Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems are receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for their demonstrated long-term commitment and participation in the ENERGY STAR New Homes program. Key achievements in 2011 include:
· Enrolling 500 homes and completing 229 ENERGY STAR certified homes, which averaged a HERS Index of 56, a 3.4-percent increase in efficiency from 2010.
· Hosting and presenting seven ENERGY STAR Version 3 training sessions throughout Vermont. Sessions were attended by builders, town officials, architects, and HVAC contractors.
· Launching an updated website with content highlighting information for new construction customers and plans for ENERGY STAR Version 3.
· Conducting numerous consumer outreach through various media, and developing a process to create case studies to highlight in advertisements and articles in local trade publications.
· Performing a comprehensive study of the Vermont market to evaluate how it compares to other states in terms of energy efficiency, and using conclusions from this study to inform future marketing efforts.