Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, serving more than 110,000 commercial establishments and nearly 5,000 residents across the state of
· Piloting Building Performance with ENERGY STAR through a Retail Energy Management Challenge that included the benchmarking of over 100 stores and 100 million square feet of space with the four large retail customers.
· Increasing its benchmarking efforts and incorporating metrics into its market segment outreach targets, leading to significant increases in the number of buildings benchmarked. Focus on Energy's gross energy savings for the commercial sector totaled more than 102 million kWh of electricity and 1.7 million therms of gas.
· Enrolling three new buildings in 2011 into its multifamily highrise pilot program, one of which earned the ENERGY STAR and the other two are on target to be certified in 2012.
· Maintaining an ally network of over 500 HPwES contractors, auditors, and installers, and continuing to promote the program to
· Creating the Rental Housing Energy Evaluation Program (RHEEP) to offer specialized incentives and discounted audits to 2-3-unit housing occupants, a market with historically low participation.