ITW Food Equipment Group LLC--the parent organization of independent companies including Hobart, Traulsen, Stero, Vulcan, Baxter, and Wittco--designs and manufactures commercial equipment for foodservice and food retail customers. In 2011, ITW Food Equipment Group LLC stood out for its continued innovation in developing a full suite of energy-efficient commercial food equipment, its support of the ENERGY STAR specification development process, and its education of the market on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified equipment. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Offering 53 percent of its entire product line-up as ENERGY STAR qualified--a total of 364 products.
· Developing innovative and energy-efficient products that deliver value and cost savings to consumers, including the award-winning conveyor-type warewasher that significantly reduces energy and water consumption.
· Promoting the benefits of ENERGY STAR to thousands of industry professionals through high-profile channels, from prominently displaying the ENERGY STAR on its qualified product packaging, websites, catalogs, and promotional brochures to one-on-one consultations.
· Integrating energy management education and ENERGY STAR messaging into sales force and employee training, and encouraging the promotion of ENERGY STAR qualified products to end-users, dealers, and consultants during national sales meetings, presentations, and other sales opportunities.
· Educating consumers and end-users about the advantages of using ENERGY STAR qualified equipment and the benefits of energy efficiency, water savings, and waste management, and sharing customer best practices for achieving such benefits.