Meritage Homes is one of the largest home builders in the country and has built more than 70,000 homes across the southern and western
· Constructing 100 percent of its homes to be ENERGY STAR certified and completing more than 3,800 certified homes.
· Implementing a comprehensive, multi-tiered public awareness campaign that encompassed online educational content and extensive community outreach. The efforts received media coverage from
· Opening 85 new learning centers across the country, tasked with educating employees, key stakeholders, students, and average citizens on national design center standards.
· Taking an active role in assisting local high school sustainability curriculum development, teaching sustainability at state universities, and participating in industry forums promoting ENERGY STAR and energy-efficient practices.
· Using ENERGY STAR certification as a foundation of its Net- Zero initiative and raising awareness about the initiative at an event where people could tour model homes.