Panasonic Home & Environment Company (PHEC), a unit company of Panasonic North America, offers a comprehensive line of high-performance ventilation fans. All of Panasonic's fans avoid the use of toxic substances and those in eligible categories are ENERGY STAR qualified. Many models incorporate energy-saving control features such as occupancy and humidity sensors. In 2011, PHEC again showed its leadership by building on its long-standing and continued commitment to advancing energy efficiency for residential ventilation through product innovation and outreach to consumers and contractors. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Offering 10 new models that have earned the ENERGY STAR to its portfolio, for a total of 45 qualified models--a 29-percent increase over the previous year.
· Introducing four ENERGY STAR qualified WhisperSense models, the only vent fans on the market that incorporate dual motion and humidity sensors.
· Launching two qualified WhisperWelcome fans, completing Panasonic's offering of ENERGY STAR qualified products suited for the demands of the lodging industry.
· Reaching an online and print audience of more than 32 million through 317 consumer and trade placements--an 86-percent increase in the number of placements and a 152-percent increase in audience reach compared to 2010.
· Sponsoring numerous whole-home based education efforts for industry and homeowners, including at trade shows, with DOE programs, and with television personalities, emphasizing the potential of ventilation that delivers a healthier, more energy-efficient home.