The Joint Management Committee is a multi-utility and energy efficiency service provider effort that sponsors the Massachusetts New Homes with ENERGY STAR program. Members include Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, New England Gas, National Grid Gas & Electric, NSTAR Gas & Electric, and Western Massachusetts Electric Company. This joint effort is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to increasing the production and market share of ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Delivering more than 2,675 ENERGY STAR certified new homes to the
· Achieving an estimated 5.6 million kWh of annual energy savings, 383 kW of summer peak demand, and 85 kW of winter peak demand for
· Focusing its outreach efforts through geo-targeted marketing by comparing new construction to historical permit data and analyzing these data using GIS mapping software.
· Increasing the use of social media to show cities, towns, and market actors where energy-efficient building is occurring and to drive participation in low-performing areas, as well as to identify for homebuyers the towns that are building ENERGY STAR certified homes.
· Continuing three pilot programs to address barriers to energy efficiency that exist in multifamily new construction, major renovations, and lighting design, as well as educating municipalities and builders on code compliance and the difference between ENERGY STAR Versions 2 and 3.