Energy Trust of Oregon is an organization dedicated to helping utility customers benefit from saving energy and generating renewable energy. Energy Trust of Oregon is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its use of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) in overcoming market barriers to the adoption of energy efficiency. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Using HPwES as a core program element in the Clean Energy Works Oregon program, through which the City of
· Assessing 1,650 homes for energy efficiency opportunities and completing approximately 700 HPwES projects.
· Increasing the number of participating contractors to 37--a 133 percent increase over 2010--and supporting a vibrant Home Performance Contractors Guild that builds the overall professionalism of this emerging trade.
· Motivating customers to install, on average, 4.3 energy-saving measures per project through its Savings Within Reach program, which offers increased incentives to moderate-income households, and helping them save more than 344,000 kWh overall.
· Implementing a targeted marketing campaign that incorporated behavior-based messaging, leading to a rise in the number of homeowner inquiries about HPwES.