Hanesbrands Inc. is a leading manufacturer of apparel essentials found in nearly all households in
· Improving energy efficiency by 3.7 percent and water intensity by 5.9 percent. Since 2007, Hanesbrands has reduced energy intensity by over 21 percent, cut carbon emissions by over 27 percent, increased its use of renewable energy to 35 percent of its total energy use, and avoided more than $20 million in energy and water costs.
· Increasing the visibility of energy management within the corporate structure and enhancing the level of executive support.
· Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry 10 percent reduction goal for six of its 30 sites taking the Challenge.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources to Hanesbrands' facilities around the world and at conferences in the
· Highlighting its partnership with ENERGY STAR in strategic communication campaigns to wholesale customers, consumers, key suppliers, investors, and shareholders through over 86 million impressions.