As a $6.4 billion real estate investment trust, Liberty Property Trust owns nearly 700 properties representing 79 million square feet of office and industrial space throughout the
· Reducing its average weather normalized source energy intensity by 6 percent, which equates to an estimated energy savings of $1.3 million for their tenants, and achieving a portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score of 68, an increase of 4 points over 2010.
· Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 26 buildings, for a cumulative total of 78 certified buildings representing 10.8 million square feet of space.
· Investing more than $4.2 million to complete more than 160 cost-effective energy efficiency projects.
· Establishing policies that require tracking the energy use of 100 percent of its managed buildings in Portfolio Manager and mandating that all new construction office building designs must achieve a minimum score of 80 in Target Finder.
· Distributing monthly progress reports to all property managers and upper management; reports show current ENERGY STAR scores and changes in energy use percentages for each city and region and for the portfolio as a whole.
· Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR by placing a marketing board in the lobby of each of its ENERGY STAR certified buildings; each marketing board tells the story of the building's efficiency. Liberty Property Trust also published press releases on its buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR for the first time.