LG Electronics USA (LG) is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, and mobile communications, and is committed to improving the environment through energy-efficient innovations. LG's commitment to qualified products, employee education programs, and ENERGY STAR set it apart from others in 2011. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing total sales of ENERGY STAR qualified products by nearly 30 percent over 2010.
· Implementing a nationwide, multifaceted public education campaign about ENERGY STAR that reached tens of millions of consumers, including a 50-second spot on its
· Producing 406 ENERGY STAR qualified appliances and electronics models in 2011, 21 more than the number qualified in 2010.
· Training more than 110,000 sales associates on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified TVs and other products.
· Leading the industry as one of the first manufacturers to participate in the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient pilot with a wide variety of products that demonstrate high efficiency performance.