Transwestern is a national, privately held operating company specializing in commercial real estate services, investment, and development with more than 255 million square feet of commercial real estate nationwide under lease or management. Transwestern is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement through the enhancement and expansion of its energy management programs, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Sustaining year-to-year savings by maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 82 across its portfolio of more than 250 eligible buildings and earning the ENERGY STAR for 105 buildings.
· Expanding benchmarking in Portfolio Manager to include water use data and the company's portfolio of 280 industrial properties.
· Creating and issuing a systematic portfolio-wide sustainability report to assess the performance of its benchmarked portfolio, categorize properties according to results, and implement a corresponding Good-Better-Best program to provide guideposts and toolkits for improvement.
· Analyzing and revaluating its commissioning process to identify areas for operational improvement and commissioning 28 buildings using the revised process.
· Continuing to encourage Earth Day programs at its managed properties, including the distribution of ENERGY STAR materials and event ideas through a collaborative ordering website where building managers can order supplies from ENERGY STAR and Transwestern, resulting in nearly 90 Transwestern-managed properties participating in Earth Day celebrations and activities.
· Spreading the word about energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR by maintaining up-to-date building profiles on the ENERGY STAR certified building registry, sending energy efficiency e-newsletters to more than 11,000 contacts and clients, posting case studies to the company's website, using social media to promote its involvement with ENERGY STAR, and speaking at conferences and panels nationwide.