Nationwide Marketing Group
Winston Salem, North Carolina
ENERGY STAR Award for Excellence
Nationwide Marketing Group (NMG) is America's largest buying and marketing organization with over 3,000 members operating approximately 10,000 storefronts and $12 billion in combined annual sales. In 2011, NMG stood out for its remarkable efforts to increase the market share of ENERGY STAR qualified products in most major appliance and electronics categories. Key accomplishments include:
· Achieving a 26-percent increase in appliance and electronics print promotions that included ENERGY STAR messaging.
· Increasing the percentage of ENERGY STAR qualified product sales in multiple categories, including clothes washers, room air conditioners, and refrigerators and freezers, a category which saw a big jump from 56 to 78 percent.
· Supplying creative print tools and innovative consumer mail-in rebate offers and incentives featuring ENERGY STAR qualified products to 2,100 member companies managing approximately 8,000 storefronts; approximately 70 percent of member retailers took advantage of these incentives.
· Partnering with ENERGY STAR manufacturer partners to launch and promote their most innovative and efficient ENERGY STAR qualified products in order to support the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient initiative.
· Hosting North America's largest bi-annual member conference and buying show, "Primetime!," for major appliances, electronics, and furniture. In 2011, more than 6,000 member retailers and manufacturer partners attended one or both of the 3-day events. At the event, NMG presented information about the benefits of ENERGY STAR and available resources to member retailers, included opportunities to take the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR pledge at internet stations, and offered member retailers and manufacturer partners ENERGY STAR marketing tools and resources to highlight their own products.