Beacon Capital Partners, LLC is a private real estate investment firm that develops, owns, and operates Class A office properties totaling 30 million square feet across the
· Increasing its portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score by three points, from an 81 in 2010 to an 84 in 2011, and saving an average of 7.5 cents per square foot of building floor space in energy costs.
· Qualifying for the ENERGY STAR at 34 of its 40 properties, moving the company closer to fulfilling its pledge to earn the ENERGY STAR at 100 percent of its managed properties.
· Achieving ENERGY STAR Leaders recognition as a Top Performer and for a 20-percent reduction in energy use across its portfolio.
· Developing the "No Cost Energy Savings Program," which tracks and optimizes start-up and shut-down procedures at every property. This measure has saved more than 1 million kWh per property annually since its launch in 2010.
· Investing in cost-effective energy conservation measures and upgrades, including the installation of equipment to track real-time energy usage at every property; the retro-commissioning of 90 percent of its portfolio; the completion of lighting audits at every property; and optimization of chiller plant operations.
· Using ENERGY STAR as a platform to communicate the importance of energy efficiency to a wide audience of building management teams, tenants, leasing brokers, potential buyers, and investors.