Brown Printing Company is the third largest magazine printer and fifth largest catalog printer in the
· Improving company-wide energy intensity by 4.3 percent. This equates to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions of 31 million pounds or the elimination of the emissions from 3,310 cars.
· Building a corporate-wide energy program and integrating all facilities into the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
· Elevating career development and team incentives through the use of specific key performance indicators for energy and tying them to pay for performance, bonuses, and employee rewards.
· Engaging major printers in the
· Instituting a set of best energy management practices, such as requiring that all capital investments consider energy efficiency, educating employees on energy efficiency through a wide variety of methods, and implementing an array of technical improvements to the company's three printing facilities.
· Communicating the value of energy efficiency by offering customers tools to educate their readers on ENERGY STAR as a method for saving energy and preventing greenhouse gas emissions.