Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville provides a life-changing opportunity for people to purchase quality, affordable homes and has promoted the use of ENERGY STAR qualified products and the construction of ENERGY STAR certified homes in its home building program since 2006. By partnering selectively with vendors offering ENERGY STAR qualified products and equipment, Habitat of Greater Nashville helps support ENERGY STAR while helping homeowners save on monthly utility bills. Habitat of Greater Nashville is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in protecting the environment through energy efficiency. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Building 34 new, affordable, ENERGY STAR certified single-family homes--bringing the total to 235.
· Reducing energy consumption by 42 percent compared to non-ENERGY STAR certified homes of equal size and type.
· Enabling each family owning an ENERGY STAR certified home to save approximately $840 in utility expenses annually.
· Educating homeowners about ENERGY STAR, saving energy at home, and the importance of ongoing maintenance through its HomeWORKS program.
· Pursuing every opportunity to incorporate the ENERGY STAR logo and information about ENERGY STAR certified homes into its outreach and promotional materials, including all newsletters, brochures, dedication programs, grant proposals, and the organization website.