CBRE is one of the world's largest commercial real estate services firms, managing nearly 3 billion square feet of commercial properties and corporate facilities worldwide. CBRE is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for using its leadership position to raise the bar for energy efficiency across the industry, while leveraging ENERGY STAR as the foundation of its approach. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Increasing the total number of CBRE-managed buildings benchmarked in Portfolio Manager by 10 percent compared to 2010, for a total of more than 1,500 buildings, representing over 255 million square feet.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for 247 buildings, bringing CBRE's number of buildings certified since 2002 to a total of 478.
· Achieving an average ENERGY STAR score of 79 across its 150-million-square-foot portfolio of buildings with more than 24 months of data, a one-point improvement over 2010.
· Bringing to scale a Web-based dashboard that reports sustainability metrics, including ENERGY STAR scores and eligibility, at the executive level, in order to encourage property management teams to continue improving the quality of data and quantity of buildings benchmarking energy use.
· Continuing its successful partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International to train all CBRE real estate managers and building engineering staff and achieving an industry milestone of more than 10,000 attendees since 2007.
· Continuing to educate employees and the community about energy efficiency by participating in EPA's 2011 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition and earning top rankings for two CBRE-managed buildings, as well as launching a blog with twice-weekly articles on sustainability and energy-related topics, including ENERGY STAR.