The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) is a nonprofit trade association with member companies that provide energy efficiency products and services, and assist in the development and implementation of efficiency programs. NEEC is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its commitment to improving the energy performance of the national commercial building stock through its workforce training and certification program, the Building Operator Certification (BOC). Key accomplishments include:
· Training and certifying more than 8,000 building technicians with the skill sets necessary to improve whole-building energy performance.
· Incorporating ENERGY STAR into the national BOC program curriculum and training materials, certification maintenance requirements, and capstone project and exam questions.
· Teaching more than 860 building operators to use Portfolio Manager as part of their certification in 2011. Since 2005, more than 4,100 BOC-trained operators have benchmarked the energy use of their buildings in Portfolio Manager.
· Conducting train-the-trainer sessions to teach an additional 15 instructors to use Portfolio Manager, a 20-percent increase from 2010.
· Reaching thousands of facilities professionals through BOC brochures and other marketing collateral, the website, quarterly Webcasts, and case studies published in the BOC Bulletin and online.