With regional offices across the country, Fanning Howey is a full-service architecture, engineering, and design firm focused on planning and designing educational facilities. Fanning Howey is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for using ENERGY STAR tools and resources to design energy-efficient buildings that deliver long-term operational and environmental benefits to clients and their communities. Key accomplishments include:
· Estimating the energy efficiency of all major new construction and renovation projects using EPA's Target Finder, including almost 30 design projects since 2010.
· Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for eight building designs in 2011 and submitting an additional two projects for this recognition at year-end. These designs had an average projected energy savings of 40 percent compared to code requirements.
· Completing the energy efficiency lifecycle by earning the ENERGY STAR for three school buildings in 2011, for a total of 16 certified buildings since 2010.
· Integrating ENERGY STAR into its new energy services program by using Portfolio Manager and Target Finder to help benchmark energy use and conduct energy audit studies.
· Leading the Big Easy Central region in the 2011 ENERGY STAR Challenge for Architects by submitting the most projects from the state of
· Spreading the word about ENERGY STAR tools and resources through industry articles and presentations at regional and national conferences.