Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck) is a global, research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company with a vision to be "the most energy-efficient company in the pharmaceutical industry and a leader among FORTUNE 500 companies." An ENERGY STAR partner since 1995, Merck has a successful energy program that continues to develop innovative approaches and strategies to promote energy efficiency. Merck is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued improvement of energy performance and leadership in energy management in both the pharmaceutical and industrial sectors. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Reducing energy intensity by 5.2 percent globally and by 6.8 percent in the
· Earning ENERGY STAR certification for three manufacturing sites and three large office buildings, including one with a major data center.
· Responding to the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry by registering 10 sites--the most in the pharmaceutical sector.
· Expanding its energy tracking and reporting system to cover all sites globally.
· Supporting the ENERGY STAR program through public forums, conference presentations, communications, and employee outreach and engagement.
· Establishing an international energy management forum that spans all Merck operations, including its North America,