Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) is the largest utility in
· Negotiating product incentives with retailers and manufacturers to provide ENERGY STAR qualified products at lower prices for consumers. In 2011, more than 2.3 million qualified bulbs and over 32,000 qualified appliances were sold.
· Maintaining a highly trained Field Implementation Team to connect with retailers in its Lighting and Appliance program.
· The field staff conducts ongoing training for retailer sales associates, verifies product placement, and keeps retailers up to date on program guidelines.
· Completing more than 1,300 ENERGY STAR certified homes for a total of approximately 2,800 new homes since 2009. The program currently supports 46 builder participants and 16 raters.
· Providing in-depth training to New Homes program participants. Training sessions focused on Version 3 guidelines, but also included sales and marketing topics and onsite demonstrations.
· Conducting extensive consumer outreach across all its efficiency programs to highlight the benefits of ENERGY STAR. Yielding more than 394 million impressions, BGE leveraged TV, radio, direct mail, in-store signage, Facebook, and online ad buys.
· Recruiting 10 new contractors to participate in HPwES and completing 386 retrofits in 2011.