PepsiCo, Inc. is a leading global food and beverage company that operates a range of manufacturing facilities across multiple food and beverage processing sectors. The company's commitment to energy management starts with the CEO and spans both internal and supplier operations. PepsiCo is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to promoting the value of strong energy management practices and the ENERGY STAR program throughout the business community. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Improving the energy performance of its legacy operations by 3.2 percent while integrating new businesses from recent acquisitions.
· Avoiding over $80 million in energy costs and 600,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions through effective energy management practices.
· Mentoring supplier companies through the PepsiCo Supplier Sustainability Outreach program on energy management and ENERGY STAR resources. More than 150 PepsiCo suppliers are now ENERGY STAR partners.
· Supporting ENERGY STAR initiatives in the food processing sectors by encouraging suppliers and other companies to participate in the Industrial Focus process.
· Earning ENERGY STAR certification for a Frito-Lay cookie and cracker manufacturing facility.
· Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry 10 percent reduction goal at four manufacturing sites for an average energy intensity reduction of 12.5 percent.