ComEd, a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation, which is one of the nation's largest electric and gas utilities, provides service to approximately 3.8 million northern
· Helping customers save more than 625 million kWh (net) of electricity in 2011, exceeding its statutory goals by nearly 35 percent--at least 50 percent of these savings come from initiatives tied directly to ENERGY STAR.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR qualified residential lighting at more than 870 retail locations, educating more than 18,000 retail staff about the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified lighting--an increase of over 35 percent compared to 2010--and performing 300 customer education demonstrations. er of the Year
· Selling more than 11 million ENERGY STAR qualified light bulbs and more than 100,000 qualified fixtures, an increase over the previous year of 15 and 23 percent, respectively.
· Launching its "On Bill Financing" program which provides eligible home, duplex, condo, and select residential building owners with special financing for ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerators through participating retailers in northern
· Partnering with EPA's Responsible Appliance Disposal program, to ensure best practices are used to recover ozone-depleting chemicals when recycling old refrigerators, freezers, and room air conditioners.
· Continuing its partnership with three major home improvement chains to accept and properly dispose of CFLs at no charge, resulting in the recycling of more 70,000 CFLs.
· Developing and offering the free Energy Usage Data System that enables building managers to retrieve whole building energy usage data on multitenant commercial buildings and upload that data directly into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.