The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a multinational federation of more than 100 local associations and affiliated organizations. Together, its 16,500-plus members own or manage more than 80 percent of commercial properties across
· Expanding its 7-Point Challenge to spur service and product providers to improve the energy efficiency of both their own facilities and those of their commercial real estate clients. The Challenge is a call to action to improve energy efficiency by 30 percent by 2012 that has been answered by more than 130 member companies and associations representing 3 billion square feet of office space since launching in 2007.
· Continuing to build on the success of the Kilowatt Crackdown voluntary competition model by launching new Kilowatt Crackdowns led by BOMA Carolinas-West Virginia and BOMA Cincinnati, in addition to nine other annual competitions across the nation.
· Launching the BOMA STARS initiative to promote the importance of benchmarking energy consumption in commercial buildings through Portfolio Manager and sharing it with BOMA's master account to help demonstrate the effectiveness of the voluntary marketplace. Since January 2011, more than 1,970 buildings have been benchmarked and shared.
· Making benchmarking with Portfolio Manager a prerequisite of its prestigious award program, The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY).
· Continuing to increase participation in the BOMA 360 Performance Program, with close to 175 buildings earning the BOMA 360 designation, nearly double the number of facilities designated since the program's inception.
· Forming the Data Access and Transparency Alliance with key partners to work with utilities, regulators, and public policymakers to compel utilities to provide whole building aggregate data for benchmarking.